Full Graphics | Accessibility

Further help

General information and forms

You can find general information about tax credits and the appeal and dispute forms on the HMRC website. See 'Links to other websites' on the right.

You can also get the forms by phoning the Tax Credit Helpline and asking for a copy.

Contacting HMRC about your tax credits

Phone the Tax Credit Helpline on 0845 300 3900. The helpline is open every day (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day) from 8am to 8pm. If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, the textphone number is 0845 300 3909. If English is not your first language, ask for a translator straight away when you ring them.

Writing to HMRC about your tax credits

For explanations
Explanations Team
Tax Credit Office

For disputes
Dispute Team
Tax Credit Office

For appeals
Appeals Team
Tax Credit Office

For complaints
Complaints Team
Tax Credit Office

For further information about your appeal

HM Courts and Tribunal Service (HMCTS)
The Tribunals Service is the government agency responsible for the administration of appeals. You can find details about venues and how to get to them, as well as useful information about the appeal process. See 'Links to other websites' on the right.

For Complaints

The Adjudicator
The Adjudicator's Office
PO Box 10280

Tel: 0300 057 1111
E-mail: adjudicators@gtnet.gov.uk

The Ombudsman
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Tel: 0345 015 4033
E-Mail: phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk

Contact your MP
Find details of your MP and write to them using 'Links to other websites'.

For details of how to find an adviser see How to find an adviser.

Written by Victoria Todd of the Low Incomes Tax Reform Group. The Low Incomes Tax Reform Group is an initiative of the Chartered Institute of Taxation to give a voice to the unrepresented in the tax and benefits systems.Advicenow would like to thank all those who provided feedback on this guide.*

July 2013

Get advice

Need help with a problem? Find advice services and solicitors near you who can help you solve your problem. Many people are able to get free help and advice.

Have we been helpful? Could you help us in return?

Advice Now Web 0033 Op

If you found this information helpful could you make a small donation to help us keep this website up and running. Just text the code ADVN22 £2 (or any amount between £1-10) to 70070 to donate to us. We are a very small charity and rely on donations, grants, and sponsorship. Alternatively, If you are a Facebook user you could share the guide you liked on your wall (there is a button at the bottom of the page) or you could post it to any relevant forums you use.

Tell us about yourself!

Tell us about you

We want to know a bit more about the people who use our site, to help us improve it. Can you spare a few minutes to tell us a bit about yourself in complete confidence? Take the survey here:Tell us about yourself!

Please rate this article: