Once you have made your purchase and have consented to the start of the download, you can not return it if you change your mind. Your other statutory rights are not affected.
Terms and conditions
Advicenow is provided by Law for Life: the Foundation for Public Legal Education ("Law for Life") a registered charity – Charity no. 1143589. We are also a company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales no. 07695486. Our registered office is Law for Life, Tagwright House, 35-41 Westland Place, London, N1 7LP.
We are an education and information charity that aims to increase access to justice by providing everyone with an awareness of their legal rights together with the confidence and skills to assert them. We run this independent, not-for-profit website, advicenow.org.uk to provide information on rights and the law.
Purchased guides - cancellations and returns
Thank you for buying a guide from Law for Life's Advicenow.
By clicking the 'Complete order' button you consent to the supply of the digital content.
If, however, you experience difficulty accessing your download then help is available. Please get in touch: Contact us
Change of mind
We hope you will be happy with your purchase from Law for Life's Advicenow. However, you have the right to return your purchase within 14 days without giving any reason, as long as:
- You inform us you are cancelling the purchase no later than the 14th day after the day on which you received your print on demand guide;
- You have taken reasonable care of the print on demand guide.
- You will be responsible for the cost of returning the print on demand guide to us (unless it is faulty, incorrect or misdescribed).
- You return the print on demand guide in suitable packaging to ensure it reaches us in good condition.
Please contact us providing all the details below to let us know that you want to return your print on demand guide. For most people it will be easiest to copy and paste the form below into our contact us form and complete it there.
To Law for Life, Tagwright House, 35-41 Westland Place, London, N1 7LP
I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract of sale of the following goods:
Defective, damaged or not as described
If your printed purchase is in any way defective, damaged or not as described, please contact us immediately with your proof of purchase, and we will arrange for a replacement or refund where necessary.
All the material on this website is copyright of Law for Life or is used with the permission of the owners. Your use of the website and its content grants no rights to you in relation to Law for Life's intellectual property rights including, without limitation, copyright, trade marks, logos, graphics, photographs, animations, videos and text or the intellectual property of third parties in the website and its contents.
- You may copy electronically and print a reasonable number of copies of portions of this site for personal use.
- If you are an adviser or work in a community group you may print a reasonable number of copies of portions of this site for use with clients or service users in advice agencies and community groups. However, you are strongly advised to make sure that you provide them with the most up to date version. Please ensure that service users understand that the law changes, meaning that what you print off and give them may go out of date.
- You may make multiple copies of teaching and learning resources for use in educational establishments.
- Please make sure that you have read and understand our disclaimer.
Any other use of materials on this website including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, distribution, republication, transmission, re-transmission, modification, or public showing whether for gain or otherwise is strictly prohibited.
Law for Life believes that access to quality legal and rights information helps the general public decide whether or not to access the legal system, and helps the general public when dealing with the legal system.
The information on the site is for general information purposes only, to give a high level overview of particular areas of law. The information relates to the laws of England and Wales only. Please do not rely on it as a substitute for getting legal advice about what to do in the specific circumstances of your case.
Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information provided through the website is correct at the time of creation, Law for Life does not make any representation as to and accepts no liability for the accuracy of information contained on this website, or that the information provided is comprehensive.
In so far as permitted by law, Law for Life will not be liable for any other loss, damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of, or the inability to use, any information on this site.
This disclaimer is not intended to exclude or limit liability for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited. For example we do not seek to exclude or limit our liability for: (i) fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees or agents; or (ii) death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
Law for Life is committed to protecting your privacy, and we are registered with the ICO as a data controller. Our registration number is: ZA068382
We will only collect, process and store information about you that we have openly collected from you or with your consent. Your details will be used only by Law for Life for the purpose stated and will not be distributed, sold or rented to any third party.
We may share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate with our partner(s) for research purposes. In other words, we will not tell our partners that you visited a certain page, but may tell them how many visitors visited that page.
Law For Life takes its data protection responsibilities seriously and implements the required due diligence and contractual arrangements with suppliers which process personal data on our behalf.
If you have any more questions, please do contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
Law for Life is committed to excellent service and we aim to resolve any complaints or concerns promptly and fairly.
- If you have a complaint about the service you receive from Law for Life's Advicenow, please contact us in writing stating the nature of the complaint.
Please provide a clear description of your complaint and what you would like us to do to resolve the matter. You will need to provide your full name and contact details.
You will receive an acknowledgement of your complaint within five working days. We will investigate the matter fully and reply to you within 15 working days stating our findings and what action may be taken.
- If you are not happy with the response to your initial complain please contact Law for Life’s Chief Executive.
- If your complaint is regarding the Chief Executive, address the complaint to the Chair of Trustees.
The Chief Executive or Chair will investigate the matter fully and reply to you within 15 working days stating his/her findings and what action may be taken.
If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction following your complaint, you may take the matter further by writing to the Trustees of Law for Life who will advise you of any further action you may take if you are not satisfied with our response.