'Straight, clear advice.'
What Advicenow users say
- Your feedback
- What users say about Advicenow as a whole
- What users say about Going to court
- What users say about How to win a PIP appeal
- What users say about PIP and DLA Mandatory Reconsideration Request Letter Tools
- What users say about How to deal with an interview under caution
- What users say about Living Together
We are always really happy to hear from Advicenow users. In this section of the website you can see what Advicenow users like about our service, in their own words.
And you can give us your own feedback by taking our online survey.
Advicenow is a service provided by Law for Life, a charity which works to ensure that everyone has the knowledge, confidence and practical skills they need to secure access to justice. We do this through community based education and training, research and policy, and through the Advicenow website.
What users say about Advicenow as a whole
'I was glad I found your website. It was clear, concise and gave me the answers I needed. I will recommend this website to family, friends and other users.'
'Thank you for the well-written, clear help that you provide. It was comforting and informative. Much appreciated.'
'Website recognises that not everyone can afford a solicitor, and the tone is empathetic and easy to understand.'
‘I am an advice services manager and we love your Advicenow guides!’
‘One of the most helpful websites for people to get practical help and advice. Looks lovely (and it works) on the phone as well.’
‘I know exactly what steps I must take in my attempts to bring resolution.’
'So happy to find this site, the only agenda being to help people in their time of need. Will pass your details to my friends and family. Huge thank you.'
‘All of the guides were extremely easy to understand and more substantially helpful than some professionals I had consulted over the matter!’
'The Survival Guides are really helpful, this has helped me enormously. Equally your website is easy to navigate around, sections are clearly labelled and set out - this has taken away some of the stress in my current situation when I have needed to find out certain information. Thank you.'
'Fantastic resource for people in my situation...can't afford a solicitor!'
It’s sites like this that help people who don't know who to ask.’
What users say about Going to court
Going to court as a whole
- ‘Brilliant and beautiful.’
- ‘Very informative and incredibly helpful, and that's just from the introduction on representing myself in court.’
Representing yourself in family court film
- 'Another brilliant film! It helped so much. I had to do my own divorce borrowing money to pay my court fees and even for parking to attend court....after doing my own non molestation orders I needed the support this gave.'
- ‘I have just viewed your video on presenting ourselves at family court. I was impressed with the advice provided. Your video confirmed what I experienced in court in the UK last year.’
- ‘When I found this video you made my life so much easier and I thank you for that.'
How to apply for a court order about the arrangements for your children without the help of a lawyer
- ‘This is the best guide I have found on the net and I've looked at a lot. It has all the information needed to help at court and gives confidence.’
- 'This guide is invaluable. Most of the links to documents, further guides, general advice or other information you could possibly need to begin your case, or indeed what to expect in response.'
- 'This guide is fantastic, i now feel less nervous as I have a good idea of what will happen.'
How to apply for a financial order without the help of a lawyer
- 'I've read whole books much less helpful than this guide. Recommend'
- 'Worth it's weight in gold. Thank god for this guide'
- 'It's very clear and thorough. I recommend it to all my clients.'
How to get a divorce or end a civil partnership without the help of a lawyer
- 'Looking for help? then look no further, easy to understand and lots of information to guide through this difficult process. I am representing myself (litigant) in court and this is very helpful.'
How to apply for parental responsibility order without the help of a lawyer
What users say about How to win a PIP appeal
'Very useful. It would be a lot harder without it, for a lot of people - not just me.'
‘It gave me more information than anything else I have read on claiming PIP so I would like to thank you very much.’
'Thank you for publishing such a useful guide; it is a high quality product and will benefit many people. I work for an advice service and we are telling all our clients about it'.
‘Excellent resource-you deserve funding. If my tribunal is successful, expect a donation so you can help advise others like me.’
‘I would like to say thank you for the guide. Our local advice agency are impossible to contact and we were both worrying about the hearing and desperate for advice. Your guide has put both our minds at rest. So a big thank you from both of us!
What users say about PIP and DLA Mandatory Reconsideration Request Letter Tools
'Thank you - I have just been successful with my Mandatory Reconsideration Request! I used your tool and found it to be a massive help. I attribute my successful outcome for the most part to Advicenow.org.uk.'
'Thank you so much for the tool I used for PIP, I have won my case!'
'Thank you. The PIP tool is fantastic!'
'I can't thank you enough for the DLA letter. I was so depressed about it and didn't know what to do. Thank you for helping me put my son's case so well'
'Thank you so much for making this stressful process so easy and accessible! I am so impressed, I was prepared for a few days of research and planning in order to start an appeal but your website and tools are so useful and efficient that after a couple of hours, I am ready to go post my letter. Thank you!!!'
'What a brilliant help tool! We were daunted at the prospect of requesting reconsideration - this followed great disappointment at the letter received from DWP. Now we feel that we have hope. Thank you.'
'I received a letter three days before Christmas telling me my son's DLA award had not been renewed. I was devastated, although the money is vital, the award itself allows me to stay at home and care for him. Finding out that I may no longer be able to do this, and may have to try to find care for him so I can go out to work was frightening for both him and me. I found Advicenow website through a google search and used the Mandatory reconsideration tool to help me compile my letter to request a reconsideration. Today I received a notice telling me that they had changed their decision and his claim has been re awarded at the previous rate. The weight that lifted from my shoulders was incredible. I could absolutely NOT have done this without Advicenow or their website and letter tool. Christmas this year was shadowed with worry and fear, but I felt a glimmer of hope after researching on Advicenow's website. I cannot thank the people who work there and compiled this enough, and nor can I recommend them or their services more highly. Thank you.'
What users say about How to deal with an interview under caution
‘I'm a benefits adviser working for a national disability charity - I can't advise on fraud issues myself. Whenever I get a query about an interview under caution I always signpost to your info on this. I think it is brilliant and so helpful to people.’
'Wonderful, it was a great help. Knowing all this info, put me more at ease to deal with the situation.'
'Stopped me panicking, even though i haven't done anything wrong. Really helpful.'
What users say about Living Together
‘Clear, simple and easy to find. Feel it's trustworthy information.’
'Thank you. I didn't know where to start. Recommend'
'This is well-written and easy to use. Seems to cover everything.'
'Living Together Agreement document is perfect. Just what was needed. Simply and easy to use. Covered all the things I was looking for (and more!). Very pleased.'