Help to deal with housing problems

We want everyone to have the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to be able to access somewhere to live that is safe and affordable. The guides on this page will help you to understand your housing rights. They can help you if you are facing the threat of homelessness, are homeless, or need help to challenge a decision from the council about your homelessness.  If you have been sent a section 21 eviction notice, or are having difficulty getting your private landlord to repair your home our guides will help you work out what options you have and decide what to do next. We also have help for students and other groups who are asked to find a guarantor before they can rent a home - our guides show you what exactly the legal position of guarantors is, what to do if you can't get one, and look at other ways you may be able to convince a landlord you will be a good tenant. 

If you are looking for help to understand renter's rights or tenant's protections you are in the right place. If you are looking for help to get an occupation order following domestic violence, see the Help with family problems page.

If you are looking for help to support clients with their housing and homelessness problems go to Support your clients with housing problems on the 'Our other work' section of this site.